Principal Product Manager
Optimal’s mission is to help students make informed decisions about their education by providing transparent, data-driven, and user-focused products. We embrace a culture of growth, experimentation, and creativity. Our small and agile team allows all members to exercise great responsibility and freedom, allowing each person to have a measurable impact on our business and experience continual growth. We reward results with a unique profit sharing program and encourage self-development through benefits like our tuition reimbursement program.
Note: Optimal was formerly known as SR Education Group until January of 2020, when the company rebranded.
Our Principal Product Manager will play a critical role in defining and meeting consumer needs as well as driving a product roadmap to ensure alignment with the company's overall strategy and goals. In this role, you will also collaborate with all functional areas within the organization to grow a key product and provide intuitive and value-driven user experiences. An ideal candidate will have led the creation and promotion of successful web properties via SEO and social media channels.
- Identify market opportunities and help define product vision and strategy
- Assist in developing and analyzing metrics that inform the success of products
- Drive an ambitious publishing calendar
- Define requirements for our development team and drive an agile implementation process
- Drive traffic and revenue of a media property
- Manage cross-functional teams, ensuring all deliverables and deadlines are achieved or exceeded
- Ensure feature development continuously ties back to the agreed upon KPIs and outcomes
- Manage the prioritization of features within overall product roadmaps
- Translate feature ideas into actionable product requirements and user stories for engineers, marketing and other functional teams
Specific Responsibilities & Key Deliverables:
- BA/BS Degree
- 6+ years product management or product design experience
- 6+ years of experience designing user interfaces, wireframes and mockups
- 6+ years of experience with product metric and data analysis
- Experience as product owner on agile development teams
- Prior consumer facing web product experience with experience designing solutions with a team
- Strong customer focus with high user empathy and ability to understand end user needs and translate into actionable strategies
- Prior experience managing cross-functional resources, with ability to articulate priorities & deadlines clearly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely
- Technically savvy & comfort with a multitude of software systems & tools
- Sound decision-making ability
- Clear track record of getting things done in timely & efficient manner
- Ability to remain flexible, juggle multiple priorities, & change directions as needed
- Knowledge of SEO preferred
Title: Principal Product Manager (aka Lead Program Manager, PM)
Position Type: Full-time
- Health, dental, and vision for employees and their dependents covered at 100%
- Robust life insurance
- 401k with 3% contribution
- Tuition reimbursement program
- 12 paid holidays in addition to a generous vacation policy, which awards additional time off based on service
- Charitable donation matching program & volunteering PTO
- Health bonus (for health membership or health equipment purchase)
Optimal values and welcomes diversity, and we strive to create an environment that allows everyone to make unique contributions and perform to the best of their abilities.
Our waterfront office is located in downtown, historic Kirkland. We keep our kitchen fully stocked and have ping pong and pool tables, a growing board game collection, and a troop of quirky office dogs. We hope you’ll consider joining us and being a part of our team at Optimal. Due to the current environment, our team is operating completely remotely, but we still share photos of our dogs and play games virtually!