Director of Product Management
Optimal’s mission is to help students make informed decisions about their education by providing transparent, data-driven, and user-focused products. We embrace a culture of growth, experimentation, and creativity. Our small and agile team allows all members to exercise great responsibility and freedom, allowing each person to have a measurable impact on our business and experience continual growth. We reward results with a unique profit sharing program and encourage self-development through benefits like our tuition reimbursement program.
Note: Optimal was formerly known as SR Education Group until January of 2020, when the company rebranded.
Our Director of Product Management will lead a team of Product Managers, Content Managers and Marketing Managers to create and successfully promote multitudes of media properties. An ideal candidate will have led a product team to create and promote multiple successful web properties via SEO and social media channels. This position will report to the CEO.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team of Product Managers, Content Managers and Marketing Managers
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Identify new business opportunities
- Define, analyze and report metrics that inform the success of products
- Be responsible for driving traffic and revenue of multiple media properties
- Help shape company’s overall business strategy
- BA/BS Degree
- 10+ years product management and leadership experience
- Proven track record of leading and mentoring product team
- Proven track record of driving a successful consumer media product
- Proven track record of promoting media properties across multiple channels including SEO and Social Media
Title: Director of Product Management
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation/Salary: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Profit sharing; profit-based bonuses; health, dental, and vision insurance; retirement contributions; competitive & flexible vacation policy
Optimal values and welcomes diversity, and we strive to create an environment that allows everyone to make unique contributions and perform to the best of their abilities. We recognize that differences among us assist the company in developing new ideas, finding creative solutions to business challenges, and ultimately contribute to our overall success. Such differences include, for example, differences in our backgrounds, cultures, life experiences, work experiences, skills, gender, race, age, and perspectives. It is our collective responsibility as a company to foster an environment where our differences are appreciated and where everyone is able to make contributions towards our success.
Our waterfront office is located in downtown, historic Kirkland. We keep our kitchen fully stocked and have ping pong and pool tables, a growing board game collection, and a troop of quirky office dogs. We hope you’ll consider joining us and being a part of our team at Optimal. Due to the current environment, our team is operating completely remotely, but we still share photos of our dogs and play games virtually!